Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A chip off the old block

Well, maybe not quite the block. A few blocks over from the old family home in Glace Bay, you can find this little blue wagon of happiness.

I present to you, the Chip Wagon.


Do not sit! I had no plans on sitting, because I wanted to get them chips into me as fast as humanly possible. Sitting would have delayed the awesome.

More pics of the chip wagon, which is a 1942 GMC truck, built for the sole purpose of selling fries. How awesome is that! 



The Yorkes have been running the Chip Wagon since 1987. They've kept the original menu (pop, chips, and hot dogs)... why mess with perfection?

Mike making magic... magic being awesome chips!


Worth the drive to Glace Bay (thanks, Lily)!


I soaked those straight-outta-the-fryer bad boys with vinegar and salt. I ate them so fast, they didn't have time to get hot. These chips don't need ketchup... although I would have loved to have tried them with some olive oil mayonnaise. But, I can't really carry olive oil mayo in my bag just in case I run into a chip truck, right? Hmm.

Yes, I know I've already raved about Fuzzy's Fries. I have enough love in my heart for more than one chip truck. The Chip Wagon is my new crush. I think we'll be very happy together!

dinner ditty ~ Handbags and Gladrags - Stereophonics

No comments:

Post a Comment