Monday, September 17, 2012

A day out with Lily

I had a proper weekend this week! Yup, I had Sunday and Monday off this week. It's the first time in months I've had a proper weekend. I got heaps done, and more importantly,  I was able to hang out with my cousin, Lily. We went out to North Sydney to check out the Black Spoon Bistro.

We were there earlier this summer, before 'Let's Eat Sydney!', and it was fabulous. I wanted to go back and get some pictures.

The outside.


The inside.





Cute, eh?

I had the lunch trio, which is a bowl of the soup of the day (Chipotle Chicken Chowder), half the sandwich of the day (Hawaiian Ham Panini), and the house salad. I had it with the house dressing, a lovely maple vinaigrette. A great deal at $8.99


A close-up of the deliciousness.


Lily had the Beef, Mushroom, and Swiss
Panini with the soup.


I had this the last time we were there, and it was pretty tasty. 

So, yes... it was all lovely... but we were looking forward to dessert. I decided I was going to get whatever Lily wasn't going to get, because I wanted to take pictures of at least two desserts. 

Lily went with salted caramel cake; I had this the last time we were there and it's AWESOME.


I was tempted, but I really wanted to try the peppered strawberries, mostly because I love strawberries and black pepper and vanilla and whatnottery. It was fabulous.


The owners, Monica and Mike, are super friendly and also have a fabulous bed and breakfast in town. Should you find yourself in North Sydney (you know, when you come down and visit me and we go out there), you should definitely head to the Black Spoon Bistro. The food is fresh and delicious, the decor isn't too busy (that drives me nuts), the menu is focused (I'm not a fan of huge, unfocused menus), the prices are reasonable, and the service is great. 

Lily and I were busy! Afterwards, we went into Sydney so I could pay the remainder on the chocolate brown couch I ordered. As we walked into the furniture gallery, Lily spotted a lovely yellow couch. It was lovely... so lovely that I asked if I could switch my order and pay the extra (it was $100 more than the couch I had ordered). Not only did they happily change my order; they gave me the yellow couch for the same price as the one I had originally ordered. Hooray!

Here is me on my new couch, which will arrive in a few weeks. 


I feel like a proper adult! I'm going to dress it up with some orange and grey pillows, I think. 

We didn't stop there! We also headed into Glace Bay, where I got some pics of the Chip Wagon (more on that tomorrow), and went to Lily's parents' home. 

It was a fabulous day, filled with family, food, furniture, and fries. Fantastic!

dinner ditty ~ Darkest of Discos - Slowcoaster

No comments:

Post a Comment