Tuesday, September 11, 2012

She ate reeeeeddddddddddddddddd velvet...

Red velvet fudge cupcakes, that is! 

More on this later.

Today, I went to the Cape Breton Fudge Co. for lunch. I was in there last week after I had already eaten lunch, so I didn't get to try the grilled cheese sandwich and soup they had for the special that day. I know! Me, turning down a grilled cheese sandwich! I am just as surprised as you are. Even better, they name the sandwiches after their regular customers. I imagine my sandwich would be called, 'Crazy Grilled Cheese Sandwich Obsessed Woman Wrap'. I'm fine with that. I hope it will have bacon, caramelized onions and shallots, pear, and goat cheese on it.

Here is how you'll find the tastiness downtown.


More signage.


This is what I saw when I walked in the shop.


But, I knew I had to eat lunch first, so I had a look at the sandwich of the day.


Duane, the awesome fella in charge, told me to have a seat. The decor is welcoming and has lots of charm.


I love this bench/table! 


Where the live music happens when it's happening.


I had a frosty root beer while I waited for my wrap.


The wrap of the day. Mmm... mapley!



It tasted even yummier and fresher than it looked.


I ate the design off the plate, and stopped short of devouring the toothpicks.


I wanted to get a shot of the delicious fudge with the Celtic Cream coffee, but Duane brewed a fresh pot for me, and I just couldn't wait. Patience, my friends, is a vulture.


So, you should head on down to Cape Breton Fudge Co. for fudge, popcorn, more fudge, sandwiches, coffee, even more fudge, some great tunes (I heard Meg Hutchinson for the first time, and loved the CD), and wonderful people like Duane and Mona.

I can't wait to go back!

dinner ditty ~ Sleep Tight - Rebecka Törnqvist


No comments:

Post a Comment