Monday, September 24, 2012

Campaign race sandwich? Yes, please!

The race for mayor has never been so delicious.


*This is a mini Let's Eat Sydney! post. I plan on going back for a three-course meal. I wasn't that hungry at lunch today, but wanted to check this out.

You want to make me love you? Give me a sandwich. Even if it's a crunchy peanut butter on whole wheat bread, I will follow you to the ends of the earth. 

If it's a fancy grilled cheese, I'll name a constellation after you.

Anyhow, it was a sandwich day for me today. Ruby told me Flavor was hosting a mayoral race sandwich battle. 

I love elections! I love sandwiches! I wasn't going to miss out on this...


How fun is that? I think food should be a key ingredient to a successful election campaign... which is probably why I'm a chef, and not a campaign organizer. 

Both sandwiches looked pretty, and it was a tough decision. I went with the Cecil. Here's another picture of the grilled cheesy goodness.


Smoked meat! Bacon! Mozza and Swiss! Spicy mustard! It was all good. 

I will be going back to Flavor for a proper dinner. I liked what I saw, and the service was great. Ashley, my server, really loves her job, and it shows. The decor is colourful, and the food I could see looked fresh and pretty tasty.

Apple green walls! Vintage Sydney pictures!


Tasty take-out treats!


On the outside, looking in ~



The menu looks great, and I'm looking forward to having a proper meal. I've heard they are souper stars... and I love soup as much as I love sandwiches. I'll be heading back very soon.

mini-dinner ditty ~ Little Love Letter #1 - Carlene Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment