Saturday, August 11, 2012

A week without pictures, but full of air hockey...

So, I've been eating, going to movies, and playing air hockey. I have a partner-in-crime at the moment, Walter*. Walt's an old university buddy who shares my passion for eating, but, tragically, lacks my tolerance for spice.

Well, he's lovely regardless.

We went out to two well-known Canadian chain restaurants and had okay meals. The first night started with the phrase, 'If I order the lasagna tonight, you can punch me in the face'. Which totally made me laugh, mostly because I'd need to stand on a chair to do it. Although, not the chair Walt was sitting in; it had blue Jell-O smeared on it. We scoffed down hamburgers and beer and went to see the new Woody Allen movie. I enjoyed it, and was happy that Walt didn't pretend not to know me after I burst out laughing several times.

Afterwards, we went out to a Cape Breton institution... the Tasty Treat! He bought me a hot fudge sundae and randomly quoted a line from the movie Top Secret... with that, I knew we'd be friends until the end of time. I will get pictures of a Tasty Treat hot fudge sundae and post them here, because they are awesome. I couldn't get a good shot of the sundaes the other night because it was dark and somewhat rainy. It wouldn't have done the deliciousness any justice.

The second chain is known for chicken, so I had a steak. Walt had chicken, and I managed not to eat my meal like someone was about to take it away from me. It's my goal to eventually get through a meal out without a) swearing b) eating much quicker than my friends and then staring awkwardly at them as they finish their meals.

I know, lofty goals.

We worked off this meal with four games of air hockey. I had warned Walt about my air hockey, er, problem, but I'm not entirely sure he believed me. Even after flashing the whole of Sydney by tucking the bottom of my skirt into my knickers, I managed to recover enough to beat him in two games. I should know better than to talk air hockey trash to a man who is almost a foot taller than me and can reach past the centre line. Again, kudos to Walt for not pretending not to know me after I swore in front of the pre-teens watching us play, and then again for laughing like a demented hyena in the movie theatre.

Tomorrow night, I'll be making dinner. I'm going all out, which always ends in ridiculousness and far too much food. I'll definitely be posting pictures. Watch this space!

*names have been changed to protect those who can't handle spicy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment