Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sometimes, I get to leave Sydney...

... and eat in exotic places, like Big Pond, Cape Breton! Yup, my aunt and I are off to Rita's Tea Room this afternoon. I don't care that it's hotter than Hades out there... I'm having chowder. Pictures to come!

I can't say enough about the meal I had today. Without question, Rita's Tea Room has the best seafood chowder I have ever eaten. I had the apple, bacon, and Cheddar panini with the seafood chowder. Everything was fresh, hot, and beautifully presented.


The lemon meringue pie. The secret ingredient is concentrated awesome.


Aunt Margie's meal ~ chicken panini with side salad. Also delicious.


My meal. Seafood chowder with an apple, bacon, and Cheddar panini. Silkiest chowder ever. I can't rave enough about it. Had a certain Mr. Bear been there, he would have wept tears of joy, gone into the kitchen, and hugged the chef. It was that good.


The table setting. I want teacups with my name on them!


The thistle.

I wanted to prolong the happiness (and save room for pie), so I took half the sandwich home. I'm sure it will be just as delicious tonight as it was this afternoon. When you come to visit me in Sydney (and why wouldn't you?), we'll head out for a vat of chowder. Yes. I said vat. It's that good. Lynn, our server, was lovely and gave me some restaurant recommendations. I shall eat at all of them!

4 comments: