Sunday, August 26, 2012

Deep-fried HELLS YES.

Right then. So, this little gem has jumped the queue of Sydney/Cape Breton eateries.

Street Feast in Glace Bay.

Yesterday, I was in the lunchroom at work, planning my Wine and Dine, when I overheard one of my coworkers talking about deep-fried Snowballs at a food truck in Glace Bay. I don't even like Snowballs (I'm not a fan of desiccated coconut), but I was not about to miss out on this bit of fun.

This morning, Aunt Margie rang me up and asked me if I wanted to head out to Dominion to walk on the beach, then head into Glace Bay to hang out at the family home. It was a sign, a sign for me to eat deep-fried Snowballs.

So, without further ado, here are some pictures from Street Feast in Glace Bay.


The window into a world of greatness.


The menu. I'll take one of everything, please.


Deep-fried Snowball!


Another's poutine, not my own.


Yes, that's mine.


The scene of teh ossum.


First bite.


Laughing at the deliciousness, and planning my next trip out to Street Feast.

Next time you are in Glace Bay, drive down Main St. (you'll even get to see the jlmack family home, yo), until you hit Street Feast. Ed and Lisa were more than happy to answer my questions and let me take pictures. Ed was also telling me about his chocolate deep-fried bacon. Yes, yes, and more yes.

Walt, I don't know how we missed out on this place. Too many food trucks, not enough time, I guess.

I can't wait to go back.

2 comments:

  1. Now, I know the title is Let's Eat Sydney but next time you're in Hali we'll do back-door Pad Thai.Sounds shady but it's soooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love Pad Thai, and back-door Pad Thai sounds even more delicious than bog-standard Pad Thai. I'm in! It'll be a Let's Eat Sydney, Hali Edition.

      Delete