Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The injured wing chronicles

I apologize for the blog neglect; I actually have heaps to post!

First off, I'll have to start with the rib dinner I cooked up for Walt. It was a bit of a disaster, mostly because I started the day off with an achy shoulder. By the time Walt showed up, I was almost transparent with pain. I can't imagine I was a very good hostess.

First of all, we had some spinach salad with maple dressing. It also had apples, bacon, and Cheddar, which, as some of you know, is one of my favourite combinations..


Then, we had Korean-style BBQ back ribs with roasted red potatoes, zucchini, portobello mushrooms and onions, and sauteed baby bok choy. Here's the rib marinade ~


The finished product (and Walt's stomach).


The marinade is really easy. I used a bottle of the VH Korean BBQ sauce, a can of ginger ale, some chopped green onions, a cup of soy sauce, and the juice of one lime. We were both members of the clean plate club that night, and had no room for dessert (which was a frozen chocolate Oreo cheesecake).

Which I spent the rest of the week eating, along with the leftover ribs, potatoes, and salad. It was good I had the food leftover, because I didn't get out much for the rest of the week  Turns out the achy shoulder was an injured rotator cuff, and I had to take a few days off work. I hate being put on the injured wing list; I love my job. I don't like to miss work. Precooked meals were therefore my friend as I pretty much spent the best part of last week in a drug-addled haze, sitting in my chair and staring at my shoes.

The rotator cuff is feeling a bit better, mostly because I'm pretty sure it spontaneously combusted after Monday morning. But that's a story for another post.

There's lots more coming this week. Be sure to tune in to learn more about subversive birthday cakes and distillery visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment