Monday, August 27, 2012

Mr. Fishkens? Fish and Chips and Chicken and Ribs...

 A week ago Sunday, Aunt Margie, her boyfriend, Blaine, and I went up to Inverness. We weren't entirely sure where we would end up eating; there are some great spots up around the area. It's a beautiful drive. We stopped by a local farm to pick up some vegetables, and carried on through to Glenora Distillery.

I didn't have any whisky, as I was still on meds for my bum shoulder. But, we did eat. And ate well!

Blaine had the Whisky BBQ Ribs and the Scottish Bread Pudding. The ribs were almost as good as my ribs.



Margie had the Mushroom and Pesto Chicken Linguine and the Bumbleberry Cobbler. I nicked bits of both and they were pretty tasty.



I went with the potato leek soup and tea biscuit. I love soup; this soup was flavourful and well-seasoned. The tea biscuits were great, not as good as Margie's, but still pretty tasty.


Fish and chips for me. The batter wasn't too heavy and it was perfectly cooked. The fish... the fish was fresh and flaky. I was a happy girl.



For dessert, I chose the Chocolate Mocha Torte. More chocolate-y than mocha-y, but still delicious-y.


 Here are some shots of the distillery. It's really beautiful; Id love to spend the weekend there, sampling the product and whatnot.













It was worth the drive. The food was fantastic, and Bertha, our server, was wonderful. The distillery grounds are lovely. I need to go back to try the chowder....

Hopefully, I won't be going alone! Yup, it may be bear season here soon in Cape Breton. (Seriously, is it?). Mr. Bear and I have been talking about getting him out here to eat chowder and try Napoli pizza (coming in a later post). The tentative plan is he'll come out here, we'll eat Cape Breton (not just Sydney). Then, I'll head up to Kingston for a week. We're planning to head down to Montreal (Au Pied de Cochon, baby) for a weekend, then off to Toronto to take one Mr. MKT out for lunch. 

I fear introducing Mr. Bear to Mr. MKT. I'm not sure there are enough sandwiches in Toronto for the two of them.. 

dinner ditty ~ I'll Be Your Man - The Black Keys

2 comments:

  1. Your proposed eating trip sounds fantastic! Say 'hi' to Au Pied de Cochon for me~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! I'm totally going to get the duck in a can.

    ReplyDelete