Thursday, August 23, 2012

Subversive birthday cakes for the win

Nothing says 'happy birthday!' like a subversive cake for a douchebag.


Walt made me laugh out loud during the movie previews at an ad I really shouldn't have been finding amusing. I'm sure everybody in the theatre thought I was a heartless wench. So, I felt this cake was a perfect way to wish Walt the happiest of birthdays. That, and watching him trying to get comfortable on my funky yet tiny loveseat has left him thinking I'm the most inhospitable hostess ever. Oh well... the cake was tasty. And, I realized after Walt had left, he's one of the only people (and definitely the only non-cheffy type person) I've ever let use my chef knife. Bah! This island living is making me soft.

Walt's gone back from where he came, but I'll be sure to keep on eating ALL of Sydney... and Cape Breton. I've got some posts on Glenora Distillery and the best pizza in the province. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment