Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Full of warm fuzzies...

And Fuzzy's Fries. Best chip wagon in the world. 

I need to preface this. I was born in Cape Breton, but I grew up on the mainland. In Halifax, Bud the Spud is the be-all, end-all when it comes to chips. And, they're pretty amazing. The fries from Fries and Co. are also really good.

But, if you want the best chip wagon fries ever, you're going to have to get down here before Labour Day and check out Fuzzy's Fries. They're located downtown, near the corner of Townsend and Esplanade. My dad told me no trip into Sydney was complete without a trip to Fuzzy's for fries, a hot dog, and an orange pop. I don't eat hot dogs, and I'm not a huge fan of orange pop, but I'll happily down the fries.

You have to ask for ketchup if you want it. Trust me, these fries don't need it. Just soak them with white vinegar and some salt and away you go. I wanted to try them with some olive oil mayonnaise, so I brought some down with me tonight. 

The heart of Fuzzy's.


The front of Fuzzy's.


The side of Fuzzy's.


The name. The legend.


The fries and the olive oil mayonnaise I brought from home.


The money shot.


I would eat here every single night if I could. Fries and a pop for $4.00? Totally worth it. 

And the Fuzzy's boys are lovely. I'm hoping to score me a Fuzzy's apron.

Who knows... maybe next year, you may pop by this glorious blue truck, and see a certain scallop lovin' chef! I'd love to work a night at Fuzzy's; they could pay me in fries. Delicious, delicious fries.

dinner ditty ~ Italian Plastic - Crowded House.

No comments:

Post a Comment