Monday, November 12, 2012

Bacon hot chocolate trumps chana masala

I was fully planning to make chana masala and write about it for today's post. Well, that went out the window this afternoon after I went to Winners and saw this.


Bacon hot chocolate! This could either be awesome or totally end in tears. I had to find out.

I always make hot chocolate with milk. I think it tastes gross mixed with hot water. I don't have a microwave, so I warmed it up in a pot.




I was in Shoppers today and saw this book. I had no idea it was out. I've been waiting for this book for YEARS. Hooray!


As for the hot chocolate? It didn't end in tears! When I make it again, I'll add a splash each of chocolate syrup and maple syrup. You can definitely taste the bacon. It's a bit of a shock at first, but it has a lovely aftertaste. 

Next time you come to visit, I'll make us some!

dinner ditty ~ Icy Blue Heart - John Hiatt


No comments:

Post a Comment