Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pork belly-isma


Pork belly, before cooking.

Holy feckinshitcookies, this is just too much fabulousness. My friend, Charlotte, let me know that I should try pork belly marinated in soy sauce, maple syrup, Chinese five-spice, and vegetable oil. Seeing as I had all those on hand at work, I decided to try it with my lovely meat boys* and coworkers.

I didn't measure anything, I just threw it all together, lined a hotel pan with tinfoil and a rack (it gets messy), placed the pork belly on the rack, and left in the oven (400°F-ish) until it got crispyish. 

Lord Scandinavian Jesus, it's good. Delicious. Possibly one of the best thing I've eaten all year. You should try it. You won't be disappointed. Really. 

I'm going to play around with this recipe to make it even more awesome. Any suggestions?

dinner ditty ~ Me in Honey - R.E.M.

*meat boys is a general term for my lovely meat coworkers... there are two women included in the meat boy crew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment